When using a pressure cooker, speed is not the only thing that you are guaranteed of. There are many benefits that you can obtain from this fast cooking pot not to mention that there are also numerous easy pressure cooker recipes that you can enjoy.
Whether you are a vegetarian or a lover of meat, you will definitely appreciate the idea lf cooking various pressure cooker recipes within a very short time thus saving on time and energy. You will only need the necessary ingredients most of which are readily available and by following a few steps, your meals will be ready within no time.
Below are some of our recipes for pressure cooker for you
Use natural release method unless indicated otherwise.
Table of Contents
Ham hocks and beans
- 4 to 6 ham hocks
- 1 bag of dry beans
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 1 big bay leaf
- 6 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt to taste
- First wash your beans and ensure there is no gravel or any other impurity.
- Put the ham hocks, beans, garlic and onions in a big oven with water level reaching 3/4.
- Put your favorite spices.
- Place on your burner and allow the ingredients to boil.
- Boil for about on medium heat for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Use the natural release method and then remove the ham-hocks giving them time to cool properly.
- Separate the meat from the bones and fat and return it to your soup. Warm a little bit and enjoy your meal.
Click here to read my guide on some of the best kitchen scales you can use to measure you ingredients!
If you are looking for the best recipes for pressure cooker, then refried beans will give you the best meal at any given time. As a vegetarian, you will find this to be a perfect recipe to consider as a side dish or main meal. Enjoy the healthy source of protein, fiber and complex carbohydrate by following these simple instructions.
- ½ kg precooked black or pinto beans.
- I large and chopped onion.
- 2 large and peeled garlic cloves
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 tablespoon chilling powder (you can add or reduce based on preference)
- Put all your ingredients in a pressure cooker and lock the lid.
- For 15 minutes, allow the food to boil under high pressure. Use natural release method and allow the pressure cooker to cool down.
- Use a masher to mash your beans and then add your cumin and chili and then mix properly.
- Serve with burritos, tacos, salsa or any food that you like.
Vegetarian chili is one of the simplest pressure cooker recipes that you can enjoy today. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook and therefore is fast and convenient not to mention that it is very healthy. The pressure cooker recipe is ideal if you are a vegetarian as it gives you great benefits while at the same time allowing you to keep meat at bay. The beans used below should be soaked overnight before being cooked.
- 250 g red kidney beans
- 250 g pinto beans
- 400 g roughly chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 liter of water
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 diced capsicum
- 2 tablespoon cumin and olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 and ½ tablespoon oregano.
- Salt to taste.
- A packet of veggie ground round
- Put the oil in the pressure cooker and heat using medium heat.
- Stir fry the garlic cloves and onions until they are golden brown in color.
- Add your veggie ground round and allow it to turn brown. Add the other ingredients including salt and stir properly and then add water.
- Cover and lock your pressure cooker properly and wait for 20 minutes before removing from the burner.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve the recipe while hot. You can eat it with corn bread and top it with grated cheddar cheese.
Originally posted 2019-09-21 19:34:48.